- 1 TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 2 GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKINGS
- 3 STAR CLASSIFICATION OF HOTELS
- 4 General Information About Hong Kong & Macau Hotels
- 5 Payments Policy
- 6 BANK DETAILS FOR REMITTANCE THROUGH TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER (TT)
- 7 PAYMENTS FOR URGENT BOOKINGS
- 8 Cancellation Policy
- 9 MEALS / MEAL COUPONS
- 10 TRANSFERS & TOURS
- 11 GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL SIC TRANSFERS
- 12 Limitations Of SIC Tours & Transfers
- 13 LOST PROPERTY
- 14 BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS
- 15 PRIVATE TOUR OPTIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All services provided by Continental HK are subject to the below terms & conditions. The terms & conditions outlined herein are not exhaustive, and additional conditions may apply to specific booking cases, which will be advised at the time of making the bookings. Such additional conditions will apply over and above the general terms & conditions outlined below, and shall in no way be deemed as overriding the below conditions.
By confirming a booking with Continental HK, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and any additional conditions that may be applied at the time of finalization of the bookings. You are advised to go through the below terms, conditions and limitations of service thoroughly.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKINGS
- All services provided and assured by Continental HK are subject to full realization of payment prior to the guest arrival. We do not have a permanent establishment in India and neither do we have a bank account in India, and hence it is not possible for us to receive payments in India. All payments must be remitted directly to our bank account in Hong Kong as per details sent along with the invoice.
- Continental HK reserves the right at any time and for any reason: (a)To cancel a tour package / tour component prior to the date of arrival and if it does so, its liability shall be limited to refunding all the money paid by the agent / guest, towards the tour package / tour component. (b)To amend, alter, vary or withdraw any tour, holiday, excursion or facility, it may have advertised or published, or to substitute a hotel of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary, depending on local conditions at the time of travel. In either case the Company shall not be liable for any damages, additional expenses or consequential loss suffered by the Tourist / Group / Agent.
- No person, other than the Company, in writing has authority to vary, add, amplify or waive off any description, representation, terms and conditions set forth herein or in brochure of the Company, or other terms & conditions regarding tour booked by the Agent / Tourist with the Company.
- In the event of the Company exercising its right to amend or alter any tour advertised in their Company brochure or any other media after such tour or holidays has been booked the Tourist shall have right: (a)To continue with the tour or holiday as amended or altered. (b)To accept any alternative tour or holiday which the company may offer. In neither of the above cases shall the Company be liable to the Tourist / Group for any damages, additional expenses and consequential loss suffered by the Tourist/Group.
- The Company shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Tourist / Group: (a)Any death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delays, increased expenses or consequential damages by any misadventure or otherwise caused. (b)Any act, omission or default of any hotelier, carrier, travel component supplier or other person or by any servant or agent employed by the travel component supplier who may be engaged or concerned in the provision of accommodation, refreshment, carriage facility or service for the Tourist / Group, howsoever caused. In this clause the expression “however caused” includes negligence on the part of any person.
- No liability on the part of the Company arising in any way out of this contract in respect of any tour, holiday or excursion facility shall exceed the total amount paid or agreed to be paid for the tour, holiday, package/ tour component or excursion, and shall in no case include any consequential damages or additional expenses whatsoever.
- The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars. The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price must be paid for in full.
- It is the responsibility of the Tourist / Group to check and hold valid travel documents like passport and Visa till the end of the tour. In case any travel document like visa is refused, expires or is cancelled by the authorities, the tour participant will have to meet all the contingencies arising therefrom and to meet all expenses consequential thereto. The Company will have no responsibility whatsoever in respect of the above matters.
- The Cost of the Package / Tour / Services does not include any Insurance Premium. The Tourist / Group will have to arrange for any such insurance at their own cost separately, as travel insurance does not form part of the services being offered by the company.
- All tour programmes and packages / tour components are subject to laws, rules and regulations of the departure country as well as the countries being visited. The Company will have no responsibility in respect of any condition brought about by any such laws, etc., or due to act of God or Nature.
- Any complaint by the Tourist (including complaint on behalf of passengers of the Group submitted by the Tourist) in connection with or arising out of the tour must be notified to the Company in writing within twenty one (21) days from the end of the tour. No claim or complaint made thereafter shall be entertained in any circumstances. No individual complaint of passenger of the Group shall be entertained directly and therefore same must be made only through the agent through whom the services have been booked.
- All claims, disputes and litigation relating to the tours arranged or co-coordinated by the Company shall be construed according to current Hong Kong laws only and shall be subject to jurisdiction of courts in Hong Kong only, unless the booking agent has a signed agreement with the company expressly defining the country of booking origin as the jurisdiction for dispute resolution.
- The Company will not be liable to any passenger for refund, compensation or claim for shortage of tour days or for cancellation, postponement or re-routing of any particular scheduled transport service due to any reasons including adverse weather conditions. The rules in respect of cancellation charges or refund will be applicable. All services are booked subject to conditions herein.
STAR CLASSIFICATION OF HOTELS
Star classification of Hotels as 5 star, 4 star and so on is provided to the Company by the concerned hotels and the Company endeavors to validate and authenticate this information in utter good faith. The Company cannot be held liable for wrong and inaccurate information provided to the Company. Descriptions, photographs, sketches and list of amenities / facilities are also provided and this information is obtained from the supplier of the hotel component.
General Information About Hong Kong & Macau Hotels
- Normal Check-In time for all hotels is between 1400hrs-1500 hrs.
- Normal Check Out Time for all hotels is between 1100hrs-1200 hrs.
- Early Check In / Late Check Out cannot be confirmed or guaranteed in advance, and only a request can be made. This facility is at the sole discretion of the hotels.
- If the guests desire a guaranteed early check in or a late check out, it can only be done upon payment of 01 additional night’s charge.
- Adjoining rooms, rooms on the same floor, or rooms with specific twin / double bed types, smoking or non-smoking rooms, etc, cannot be guaranteed in advance, and can only be requested for. The same will always be subject to their being available at the time of check-in, and depending on the hotel’s occupancy levels.
- Average Room Size in most Hong Kong Hotels (Base Category) :
- 3 Star: 15-25 Sq.Mts
- 4 Star: 25-35 Sq.Mts
- 5 Star: 30-40 Sq.Mts
- Bottled water may or may not be complimentary, depending upon the policy of the concerned hotel. Guests are advised to kindly cross-check the same with the concerned hotel upon check-in.
- Wi-fi may or may not be complimentary, depending upon the policy of the concerned hotel. Guests are advised to kindly cross-check the same with the concerned hotel upon check-in.
- As a standard policy, most of the hotels charge a refundable deposit upon check in by cash or credit card), against incidental expenses that may be incurred by the guest for additional services, for example, the use of the mini-bar in the room or any other payable service. In case there is no incidental charge, the deposit is fully refunded to the guest upon check-out.
- Most hotels can only accommodate up to 2 adults +2 children (under 11yrs)or 3 adults in one room. Some hotels will only allow 2 adults +1 child in one room. Our reservations team will apprise you of the occupancy policy of the hotel at the time of handling your reservation query, and will try to give you the most suitable option based on the specific requirements.
- We request you to kindly brief the guests about the aforementioned information and policies prior to their departure from India, so as to avoid any last minute confusion at the time of check-in.
- All services provided and assured by Continental HK are subject to full realization of payment prior to the guest arrival, but not later than the due date mentioned on the invoice or as communicated at the time of finalization of booking in writing.
- We do not have a permanent establishment in India and neither do we have a bank account in India, and hence it is not possible for us to receive payments in India. All payments to Continental HK must be by means of bank transfer only, directly to the bank account of Continental HK in Hong Kong.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are complying with your country’s foreign exchange regulations and associated documentation. Continental shall not be held liable for any consequences arising out of non-compliance with any such laws & regulations.
- For agents on our contracted credit list – Upon finalization of the booking, we will raise the invoice, which should be settled as per the terms & conditions of the credit agreement and the credit period mentioned therein.
- Agents who are not on our contracted credit list may remit the payments by the following methods:
BANK DETAILS FOR REMITTANCE THROUGH TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER (TT)
Bank Name : HSBC (Hong Kong Office)
Bank Address : 82 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Swift Code : HSBCHKHHHKH
Account Name : Continental (HK) Travel Services Co., Ltd
Account No. : 817-037484-838
Our Address : Unit D-F, 17/F, 8 Hart Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Once the payment has been remitted, please forward the SWIFT copy received from your bank to us, so that we can trace the same with our bank in Hong Kong.
If the payment is not received in our bank account by the stipulated deadline, we regret that the bookings / all services will automatically be released without further reference.
For any additional services added after the guest arrival, the guests will be required to make the payment directly to our guide, unless the agent in India wishes to pay the same online by Paypal. Please see below for more information.
PAYMENTS FOR URGENT BOOKINGS
For urgent bookings where there is insufficient time available for making a wire transfer, you may make the payment to us by one of the following methods:
Online Payment Using Paypal Gateway
You may visit this link to make an online payment to us using our Paypal gateway. However, please be advised that Paypal levies a 4% transaction fee, which will have to be borne by you, and this additional amount will automatically be added to the payable amount by using the online payment link. Please see the Online Payment Terms & Conditions before making the payment.
Telegraphic Transfer Through Paul Merchants Limited, New Delhi Branch
We have a tie-up wherein you can do a telegraphic transfer through the New Delhi branch of Paul Merchants Limited, and once the payment is received at their end, they will issue a confirmation of payment received to us, and we will go ahead and confirm your bookings, even if the actual remittance reflects in our account on a subsequent date.
Please note that this is merely a facility being provided for ease of remittance and neither Continental HK nor Paul Merchants are liable for each others services, as both are independent organisations. The documentation requirements of Paul Merchants, as mandated by Reserve Bank of India, must be complied with. Please visit this link for more information on the same.
- Once the booking is guaranteed by you, any cancellation or modification will normally involve a charge of minimum 1 night. However, it may be noted that different hotels / service providers apply different policies and it is not possible to have a comprehensive cancellation policy listed here that may cover all situations. The policy eventually applied to the specific booking by the concerned hotel shall be final and binding.
- Please note that ferry tickets or for any other services that have been pre-booked by us on your behalf, as per your instructions, are non-refundable and non-changeable, and as such, will attract full cancellation charges.
- Certain peak travel periods where the demand is very high, may be subject to 100% cancellation once booked. This will be advised to you at the time of quotation as well as confirmations.
- There will no refund or cancellation for any room charges, reduction of services, or partially utilized services after the guest has already arrived, or if the guest fails to arrive (is a No-Show). The same will also apply if the guest has been refused entry by Immigration authorities for any reason, and such a case will be treated as a No-show.
MEALS / MEAL COUPONS
Number of meals (if booked) including breakfast are always corresponding to the number of nights booked by the Agent / Tourist in the hotel. Hotels do not provide any breakfast on the day of arrival. The Company reserves the right to change the meal arrangement if circumstances make it necessary to do so. The meals offered through meal coupons are pre-set (fixed menus) and choice of menu selection is not available. The meal coupon costs do not include transportation to / from the concerned restaurant, and same can be booked with us, if required, in advance on payment of additional charges as may be applicable.
TRANSFERS & TOURS
Packages: Wherever transportation is provided on basis of Seat in Coach (SIC) same is on sharing basis.
Sightseeing Tours: Transportation is provided on the basis of Seat in Coach (SIC) same is on sharing basis or Private vehicle basis depending upon the tour/tour option booked.
Airport Transfer: Transportation is provided on the basis of Seat in Coach (SIC) same is on sharing basis or Private vehicle basis depending upon the transfer/transfer option booked.
At Continental, it has always been our endeavour to provide the best of services to all guests. However, there are some services that have their limitations, which we would like to highlight for you, so that you are able to convey this information to the guests at the time of finalizing their bookings. Your attention is invited to these limitations, and we solicit your kind cooperation in briefing the guests accordingly.
Disclaimer: Seat in Coach Basis – A comfortable Van / Coach will be provided to your guests depending upon total no of arrivals. Please note we will be clubbing passengers arriving around similar time and dropping at various hotels. It is possible that your guests might have to wait for other passengers to arrive and their hotel may not be the first one for the drop off. The same holds true for departure transfers and other sightseeing tours as well. In case you feel this would be of any inconvenience to your guests then we recommend that you book a private vehicle at a supplement cost.
Please note that there is no SIC service available at Hong Kong as well as Macau, between 2200-0700 hours. Should your flight arrival or departure fall between these timings, only private transfers can be provided.
It may also be noted that for SIC Arrival Transfers from Airport to Hotel, the maximum waiting time is 90 minutes after flight arrival time. Should the guests be held up inside the airport for any reason (delay at immigration etc) and fail to reach the meeting point within the stipulated time, the would be required to arrange their own transportation to the hotel, as SIC transfers are shared with other guests using the coach and cannot be held at any point for an extended period.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL SIC TRANSFERS
- The pick-up point will be from the hotel lobby or the designated areas as specified by us.
- Pick up requests from any other venues cannot not be entertained as SIC does not permit much flexibility.
- Similarly, drop offs will be to the designated venues and hotels only. It may kindly be noted that requests for getting off at some point on the way cannot be accepted due to traffic and coach rules, as regulations permit tourist coaches to halt at designated areas only.
- All placards will be under the name of Continental HK Travel Services Co Ltd., as it is a shared SIC service, and hence it is not feasible to carry placards in individual guest names.
Limitations Of SIC Tours & Transfers
Shared-transport (SIC) transfers and tours always have some limitations, not the least of them being the extended waiting time at any pick-point on the route. You are advised to kindly familarise yourself with the individual tours guidelines mentioned on the respective tour pages, as per the links below:
- Disneyland Tour
- Hong Kong Half-Day City Tour
- Hong Kong By Night Tour
- Macau Tour & Transfers
- Ocean Park Tour & Transfers
- Shenzhen Tour
- Guest should be advised to keep their belongings carefully with them. Continental HK will not be responsible for any personal belongings left behind in the coach or the hotel by the guests.
- Should any property of a guest be found by us in a coach, we will keep it at our office for a maximum period of 3 months and the guests or their authorized person will need to collect it personally from our office.
- Should the guest forget something at the hotel, they would need to coordinate with the hotel directly for collection of the same.
BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS
- In the event of any inclement weather, unless the parks declare a closure, we will not be able to cancel the tours or amend the tour date.
- Once the park declares a closure we will send our coach to the designated pick up point within 2 Hrs of the declaration.
- In case the tour has to be completely cancelled due to bad weather we will try to accommodate the tour on another day if the guest has a free day, if not we will refund the tour amount to the agent who has made the booking, and the guests can claim it from them.
PRIVATE TOUR OPTIONS
It may kindly be noted that tours conducted on SIC basis have their limitations, and the itineraries are also fixed. This does not leave any scope for deviations. However, should the guests like to customize their sightseeing and have more flexibility and control over the inclusions, we can offer you the services on a Private Basis, wherein the duration of the tour as well as the inclusions are completely as per the choice of the guest. Do let us know what you would like to include and we will come back to you with the best possible option that is tailor made for you.
We reserve the right to make suitable amendments to the routes, timings and itineraries, depending on the actual local conditions.
For any queries related to the above Terms & Condition, please email us.